If you are a residence of Uttar Pradesh or shifted to Uttar Pradesh from any state of India and want to change address in aadhaar card then my today’s post is surely going to help you. As the aadhaar card is currently one of te world’s largest biometric ID system which provides 12 digit unique code in numeric to the residence of India, this unique code is issued by the Government of India and UIDAI. Aadhaar card plays an important role in taking advantage of the benefits of several government schemes. It includes a person’s important information like name, gender, address, phone number and date of birth. Not only this, the base card also includes biometric data, i.e. fingerprint and iris scan. Aadhaar can be used as ID and address proof. There are many mistakes in the Aadhaar card, such as name, date of birth, gender or home address and today I am going to discuss in details how you can change the your home address or address in Aadhaar card via online mode or offline either you are living in Uttar Pradesh or any other state of India.
Before we do proceed to change aadhaar card address in Uttar Pradesh please carry below listed documents with you either you are trying to change aadhaar card address online or via offline mode. If you are going for offline procedure please use Xerox (photo copy) of these documents instead of this if you are applying online method then scan these documents in your Computer or Laptop.
Here is List of Documents Required to Change Aadhaar Card Address in Uttar Pradesh
You are requisite to use any of the documents listed below as it is not necessary to provide all the documents so use the strongest one which you have and then follow the below mentioned steps accordingly. These documents also called Proof of Address (PoA).
- Bank Statement or Passbook.
- Ration Card.
- Post Office Statement or Passbook.
- Voter ID.
- Government Photo ID Cards or PSU Issued Service Photo Identity Card.
- Driving License.
- Water Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Electricity Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Property Tax Receipt (It should not be more than 1 year old).
- Landline Telephone Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Credit Card Statement (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Signed Letter that has Photo from the Bank on a letterhead.
- Insurance Policy.
- Signed Letter that has Photo and is issued by a Recognized Educational Institution on a letterhead.
- Signed Letter that has Photo and is issued by a registered Company on a letterhead.
- Arms License.
- NREGS Job Card.
- Pensioner Card.
- Kissan Passbook.
- Freedom Fighter Card.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- ECHS/ CGHS Card.
- Certificate of Address that issued by the head of Village Panchayat or an equivalent authority (for rural areas).
- Certificate of Address that has photo and is issued by a MLA or MP or Tehsildar or Gazetted Officer on a letterhead.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Registered Lease/ Sale/ Rent Agreement.
- Caste and Domicile Certificate that has photo and is issued by the State Government.
- Address Card that has photo and is issued by the Department of Posts.
- Gas Connection Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Disability ID Card or handicapped medical certificate that is issued by the respective State or Union Territory Government or Administrators.
- Passport of Parents (in case of minors).
- Passport of Spouse.
- Marriage Certificate that has the address and is issued by the Government.
- Allotment Letter of accommodation that is issued by the State or Central government and is not older than 3 years.
Online Method to Change Aadhaar Card Home Address in Uttar Pradesh
As well all want to use everything from the comfort of our home and govt. made it easy as well for us if you have little knowledge about internet then you can easily update aadhaar card address online from the comfort of your home just follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN
Step 2: Now scroll down and go to “Aadhaar Online Services” here you will see “Aadhaar Update” tab under it you will see link Address Update Request (Online) click on that link.
Step 3: You will be redirect to “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal” page at the bottom click on “Proceed” button.
Step 4: Here you have to enter your 12 digit aadhar number or Virtual ID (VID) in the next column enter the security code as given on the website and click on Send OTP button.
Step 5: You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number enter it in the prescribe box and click on Submit button.
Step 6: Now you will be on “Data Update Request” page where you will see following option to correct Address. Choose the column accordingly and then hit on Submit button.
Step 7: Now attach the supportive documents which I have already listed above in the article and click on submit button.
Step 8: Now you will be reach on “BPO Service Provider Selection” page here you will see 2 options of BPO choose any of them and hit submit button.
Step 9: Congratulations you have successfully submitted aadhaar correction form online, now you will receive Aadhaar Card update request number which is well abbreviated as (URN No.) please save it as it will require in future for further updates.
You can check the status of aadhar card after 10 days for more click on “Check Aadhar Card Status” if your aadhaar is made you can download it via online method to know how click here “Here is How to Download Aadhaar Card via Aadhar Number”.
Offline Method to Change Aadhaar Card Home Address in Uttar Pradesh
If you are not sure about the online method and unable to use internet then don’t worry you can also change or update your aadhaar card address via offline method for this method you have to visit the nearest aadhar card enrolment center.
At the enrolment center please go with your documents which are already shared above in the post and ask them to correct your aadhaar card address you can also change other details in other card as well such as name, email, phone number, gender etc. The aadhaar official will take your bio metric details once again which includes your photo, iris scan and finger prints on bio metric machine once all done he will provide you a slip please save it as it will required to check the status of your aadhaar card.
The aadhaar official will ask you charges of Rs.25 which is officially announced by the UIDAI website however if anyone ask more than Rs. 25 you can complaint against that center to know how you can complaint online just click on this link How to Raise Aadhaar Card Complaint via Online or offline method.
You can find the nearest enrolment center on Uidai website https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Hope you found it worthful if have any query in mind regarding this please do let me know via below comment box.