According to the order given by the Supreme Court, the linking of the Aadhar with your mobile number has been made mandatory by the government. Every Indian citizen has to the link mobile number with the Aadhaar number before 31-March- 2018. Otherwise the mobile number will be disabled. There are three ways to verify the mobile number with the Aadhar.
If you have not yet linked from your mobile number to Aadhar, you can link it to three different ways.
- Through the OTP method
- Telecom operator through toll free number
- Through shop or retailer
There are only three methods that you can use to link the mobile number with Aadhar card.
Steps to link Aadhar with mobile number through OTP
Mobile users can add their mobile number with the Aadhar, and can verify it again via the OTP based method. However, only for those customers who have already been able to link their mobile number to the Aadhar, they will be able to use this verification method again. Users have to follow the offline process to link their mobile number to a retailer or store with the basis, if they do not have a link from their mobile number Aadhar. Here’s how you can add the base online from your mobile number or through OTP.
1. Call 14546 with your mobile number.
2. Choose whether you are an Indian or NRI or not.
3. Please agree to revalidate the basis by pressing 1.
4. Enter your 12-digit base number and confirm it by pressing 1.
5. This generates an OTP, and is sent to registered mobile number.
6. Agree to your operator to access your name, photo and date of birth (DOB) from UIDAI.
7. IVR reads the last 4 digits of your mobile number.
8. If true, then enter get OTP To complete the process press 1.
Increase the volume of your mobile speaker voice, with the help of which you can listen to their voice clearly, this link will take 48 hours to complete.
Steps to go Store / Shop and link Aadhar with mobile number
Adding a Aadhar number with mobile number is now mandatory according to the government and the Supreme Court. To link your Aadhar to your phone number, you will have to go your telecom operator store’s outlet. To add your Aadhar easily with mobile number, please follow the procedure mentioned below.
1. Go to the telecommunication operator store or an outlet for your location.
2. Provide the mobile number to be added to the employees Aadhar.
3. Now the employees will ask about your Aadhaar card, provide them photocopies of their self-certified Aadhar card.
4. Now the employees will search the data you give in their system.
5. The system will send an OTP to your Aadhar registered number.
6. Check your mobile for OTP and provide OTP to employees.
7. Now the staff will ask you to provide your fingerprint for inquiry.
8. Provide verification and you will receive an SMS on your mobile number.
9. Reply to “Y” in the message and then your link is complete.
This method can be done only by visiting the store / retailer.
Steps to Link Aadhar With Your Mobile Number Through IVR
You can link the aadhar with your mobile number through the IVR facility provided by telecommunication operators. To add your Aadhar easily with mobile number, please follow the procedure mentioned below.
1. Call your operator’s toll-free number.
2. Follow IVR instructions.
3. Select the “Link Aadhar with mobile number” option.
4. Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number.
5. Confirm your input and submit your request.
6. Your mobile number will be verified again with the Aadhar.
7. On successful verification, you will receive a confirmation message.