If you are on this page its clear that you wanna change your aadhaar card photo as the aadhar card become one of the strongest identity proof in India nowadays so its become important to have correct details on aadhaar card either its your name, image / photo / pic, mobile number, gender, email id and address and in today’s post I am going to tell you how you can change your aadhaar card photo. The below mentioned method is based on 2018 updates as in 2017 UIDAI allowed users to change all details online but due to security reasons they allow only few things to change online for further you have to post your details or visit the nearest enrolment center, so without any more delay let’s move to how can you change aadhaar card photo / image / picture online in 2018.
How can I change aadhaar card photo online?
The online option to change aadhaar card photo is deactivated by the UIDAI and Govt. of India earlier in 2017 this option was working properly but due to security reasons UIDAI has deactivated this option in 2018.
So you can’t update or change aadhar card photo online however you can still change the aadhar card photo via offline mode which is shared below. Now you can only change aadhaar card address online for further details you have to visit the nearest enrolment center.
Change Aadhar Card Photo by Visiting Aadhar Enrolment Center
This one is the most trusted and authentic way to change aadhaar card photo offline. To change your aadhar card photo you have to visit nearest aadhaar card enrolment center incase aadhar enrolment center is closed don’t worry you can find the nearest aadhar card enrolment center on the official website of UIDAI here: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/centersearch.aspx
You can find the nearest enrolment center by your
- Pin Code
- Search Box
You can find any enrolment center via any of the option its very easy if you access the website you will know.
Steps to change aadhar card photo
Step 1: Have to fill aadhar correction form attached the supportive documents which are listed below. Give it to aadhar official
Step 2: The aadhar official will take your photo by using installed camera at the center
Step 3: The aadhar official will take your bio metrics details again which includes your eyeris scan and finger scan and submit it online.
Step 4: The aadhaar official will charge you for this correction as correction in aadhar card is chargeable the officially announced fee is Rs. 25. If the official charge more than it you can lodge complaint against him to know how click here “How to Raise Aadhar Card Complaint Via Online / Offline & Phone”.
Step 5: Aadhar official will provide you an slip which have URN number this URN number later use to track the status of your aadhar card.
Step 6: Your aadhaar will update within 10-15 days and then you can download it online “Click here to download aadhaar card by aadhar number”.
Hope this helps you to change and download aadhar card however you can also change aadhar card without visiting enrolment center you just have to send the aadhar card photo to UIDAI office. You have to write an letter with correct photo subject line and attached all the required documents which should be duly attested and signed by you. You can send the regional office of UIDAI which details could be found on UIDAI website.
UIDAI Regional Office Address
No. 49, 3rd Floor,
South Wing Race Course Road,
Bangalore – 560 001
Here is list of documents which required to correct the aadhar card details you have to provide only few documents from the listed below.
Documents Require for Aadhar Correction
- Bank Statement or Passbook.
- Ration Card.
- Post Office Statement or Passbook.
- Voter ID.
- Government Photo ID Cards or PSU Issued Service Photo Identity Card.
- Driving License.
- Water Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Electricity Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Property Tax Receipt (It should not be more than 1 year old).
- Landline Telephone Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Credit Card Statement (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Signed Letter that has Photo from the Bank on a letterhead.
- Insurance Policy.
- Signed Letter that has Photo and is issued by a Recognized Educational Institution on a letterhead.
- Signed Letter that has Photo and is issued by a registered Company on a letterhead.
- Arms License.
- NREGS Job Card.
- Pensioner Card.
- Kissan Passbook.
- Freedom Fighter Card.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- ECHS/ CGHS Card.
- Certificate of Address that issued by the head of Village Panchayat or an equivalent authority (for rural areas).
- Certificate of Address that has photo and is issued by a MLA or MP or Tehsildar or Gazetted Officer on a letterhead.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Registered Lease/ Sale/ Rent Agreement.
- Caste and Domicile Certificate that has photo and is issued by the State Government.
- Address Card that has photo and is issued by the Department of Posts.
- Gas Connection Bill (It should not be more than 3 months old).
- Disability ID Card or handicapped medical certificate that is issued by the respective State or Union Territory Government or Administrators.
- Passport of Parents (in case of minors).
- Passport of Spouse.
- Marriage Certificate that has the address and is issued by the Government.
- Allotment Letter of accommodation that is issued by the State or Central government and is not older than 3 years.
Hope you found it helpful if have any query or suggestion please drop me comment in below box and I will do the needful.