Can I Change Aadhaar Card Photo/ Image / Pic, Address, Name, Mobile Number, Gender & Email etc. myself via Online Method or Offline Method? The answer is Yes, you can change aadhaar card details but it is restricted earlier you were allow to make change aadhaar card details via online mode by the aadhar card holder but due to lots of aadhar card complaints the UIDAI restricted it and allow only few option to change online, and today I will tell you how you can change aadhaar card details online or offline.
Quick Glance on Importance of Aadhar Card
As we all know that Aadhaar Card become one of the strongest Identity proof in India to take several Govt. scheme benefits therefore we must have correct aadhaar card details either it’s our Name, photo, gender, phonoue number, address or email id. To keep it in mind today I am going to share you worthful information regarding aadhaar card correction.
Reasons to Change Aadhaar Card Details
We all have different reasons to change aadhaar card details for instance if you shifted to one place to another you need to update aadhaar card address, if a girl married she also have to change aadhar card address and other details. While some people wants to change their phone number, email, gender and Photo and we should update correct detail on aadhaar always as the UIDAI has deactivated numerous aadhaar card last year due to incorrect details if you want to know whether your aadhaar card is active or not can check it here “Verify Aadhaar Card Details”. You can change or update aadhaar card details via 2 method online & offline which I will describe in detail below so read it carefully.
Method 1 Online:
Change Aadhaar Card Name, Photo, Address, Mobile Number & Gender
Before you do start process please scanned the below mentioned documents in your pc however you can read the complete process first and then follow the rules to change aadhar card details accordingly.
Step 1: First of all visit the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN
Step 2: Now scroll down and go to “Aadhaar Online Services” here you will see “Aadhaar Update” tab under it you will see link Address Update Request (Online) click on that link.
Step 3: You will be redirect to “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal” page at the bottom click on “Proceed” button.
Step 4: Here you have to enter your aadhar number or Virtual ID (VID) in the next column enter the security code as given on the website and click on Send OTP button.
Step 5: You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number enter it in the prescribe box and click on Submit button.
Step 6: Now you will be on “Data Update Request” page where you will see following option to correct
Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number & Email ID. Choose the column which you want to correct for instance we are taking address and then hit on Submit button.
Step 7: Now attach the supportive documents which I have already listed below in the article and click on submit button.
Step 8: Now you will be reach on “BPO Service Provider Selection” page here you will see 2 options of BPO choose any of them and hit submit button.
Step 9: Congratulations you have successfully submitted required for aadhaar correction, now you will receive Aadhaar Card update request number which is well abbreviated as (URN No.) please save it as it will require in future for further updates.
You can check the status of aadhar card after 10 days for more click on “Check Aadhar Card Status” if your aadhaar is made you can download it via online method to know how click here “To Download Aadhaar Card via Aadhar Number”.
Method 2 Offline:
Procedure to Update Aadhaar Card Address, Name, Photo & Mobile Number
If you are not tech savvy and not sure whether you are doing thing correctly online or not then don’t worry you can use the offline method to change aadhaar card details and the executive at the enrolment center will help you in the same for this you have to visit the nearest enrolment center with your original documents for verification purpose and have to pay Rs. 25 aadhaar correction fee to the official. the list of documents is shared below.
You can find the nearest enrolment center on Uidai website here: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
However the official announce fee is Rs. 25 but at some center executive ask for Rs. 100 or Rs. 200 which is illegal you can complain for the same online as well as via dialing toll free number of aadhaar which is 1947.
Update Aadhar Card Details via Post Office
You can also change or update aadhaar card details via post office service for this you have to send your aadhar card photo copy alongwith xerox of supportive documents to UIDAI regional office and below is the aadhaar correction form and mentioned the steps to change aadhar details.
Step 1: Download aadhar correction from the official site of UIDAI here: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
Step 2: Fill the form respectively
Step 3:Write a formal application to the Regional office of UIDAI requesting them to change your current Aadhaar Card photo, address, name, email, gender or mobile number etc.
Step 4 :Attach self attested photo copy of your new photo, address proof, mobile number and a copy of your Aadhaar card along with the application and Aadhaar update form.
Step 5: Enclosed the supportive documents pick the best one from below list and finally send it to UIDAI regional office and wait for the reply.
List of Documents Required for Aadhaar Correction
Use any of the mentioned documents accordingly.
Documents that serve as proof of Identity (PoI)
- PAN card
- Ration/PDS Photo card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Government Photo ID Cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kisan Photo Passbook
- CGHS/ECHS Photo Card
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
Documents that serve as proof of Address (PoA)
- Bank Statement/Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kisan Passbook
- CGHS/ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
Documents that serve as proof of Date of Birth (DoB)
- SSLC Book/CertificatePassport
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead